The aim of this course is to give members a full working knowledge of both preventative and curative methods of rat and mouse control so that they can plan, implement and monitor a control programme appropriate to their situation.
- Identify rats and mice and the typical symptoms of the damage caused
- Identify the degree and source of the infestation
- Describe the life style and habits of rats and mice
- State the legislative obligations and responsibilities relevant to the control of rats and mice
- Plan, implement and monitor an effective programme for rats and mice
- Select and carry out the most appropriate methods of rat and mouse control, in line with current legal guidelines and recognised good practice
- Why control rats and mice? What are the options?
- Pesticides - rat and mouse control and the use of rodenticides vertebrate pest control products
- Health and safety and other relevant legislation
- Practical - Practice baiting skills for rats and mice and planning continuing control needed for site
- Storage, records and disposal and emergency procedures
- Conclusions and review