The course is designed to help people plan and carry out Rabbit and Mole control. It is intended to give trainees a full working knowledge of both preventative and curative methods so that they can plan, implement and monitor a control programme appropriate to their situation.
- Identify rabbits and moles and the typical symptoms of the damage caused
- Identify the degree and source of the infestation for rabbits and moles
- State the legislative obligations and responsibilities relevant to the control of rabbits and moles
- Describe the life styles, habits and habitats of rabbits and moles
- Plan, implement and monitor an effective control programme for rabbits and moles
- Select and carry out the most appropriate methods for rabbit and mole control, in line with current legal guidelines and recognised good practice
- Why control rabbits and moles? What are the options?
- Pesticides - vermin control and the use of rodenticides and vertebrate pest control products
- Health and safety and other relevant legislation
- Practical session on rabbits
- Practical session on moles
- Storage, records and disposal and emergency procedures