The aim of this course is to enable trainees to understand the implications of the Food Safety Act and other legislation and guidance relating to the control of pests in grain stores so that they can plan implement and monitor a control programme appropriate to their needs.
- Identification of the appropriate methods of pest control to minimise the risk of infection
- Identify the main grain store pests
- Evidence of pests' presence
- Grain store hygiene the practical and legal implications
- The control of grain store pests: rats, mice, birdes, insects, mites.
- Identification of species
- Reasons for control
- Methods of control
- Site visit to grain store to discuss practical implications
Course - notes
This course does not include practical pest/vermin control. Specific aspects are covered in Vermin Control courses - see Rabbit & Mole or Rodent control courses in the Vermin course category.