Food business operators shall ensure that food handlers are supervised and instructed and/or trained in food hygiene matters commensurate with their work activity. The aim of this course is to prepare those working with/or handling food for the primary certificate in food hygiene.
- Introduction to food handling
- Food contamination
- Food poisoning and food borne disease
- Preparation and handling of food
- Personal hygiene
- The law
- Food premises
- Storage and temperature of food
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- RIPHH examination
Course - notes
Intermediate and advanced courses are also available upon request.