One or two day course depending on experience.
Covering all aspects of off-road driving.
At the end of this course the learner will be able to:-
- comply with legal requirements and safe practice
- identify risks associated with off road vehicle use
- select and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- understand the main causes of accidents
- identify the controls, systems and components of the vehicle
- perform pre-start checks
- identify and report faults
- prepare the vehicle for use off road
- assess the suitability of the ground/route
- make structured decisions about if and how to tackle obstacles
- perform a failed hill climb
- drive over a variety of terrain
- perform an on-site risk assessment
- identify the loading/towing capacities
- understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on a public road
- identify the dangers of vehicle recovery/self-recovery
- demonstrate decision making skills based on considering the attributes of:
- the obstacle/situation
- the vehicle
- the driver
For further details please contact us.